The Minnesota Vikings have been in the news lately, and for all the wrong reasons. First there was the controversy surrounding Adrian Peterson, and just yesterday we posted a blog about the most recent arrest of now-former Viking Jerome Simpson. So it should probably come as no surprise that an analysis of NFL arrests over the last 10 years revealed that the Minnesota Vikings are the most arrested team in the league.
The data compiled by the Dayton Business Journal found that the Vikings are tied with the Denver Broncos for the most arrests over the last 10 years, but it’s certainly possible that the list didn’t include Simpson’s arrest which came to light on Friday.
NFL Teams With The Most Arrests
Here’s the list of the 10 franchises that have had the most players arrested over the last decade.
1. Minnesota Vikings (32 arrests)
1. Denver Broncos (32 arrests)
3. Cincinnati Bengals (31 arrests)
4. Tennesse Titans (30 arrests)
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (26 arrests)
6. Jacksonville Jaguars (25 arrests)
7. Chicago Bears (20 arrests)
7. Miami Dolphins (20 arrests)
9. Cleveland Browns (19 arrests)
9. Indianapolis Colts (19 arrests)
9. San Diego Chargers (19 arrests)
9. Seattle Seahawks (19 arrests)
According to the website, the worst year for the Vikings came in 2011 when seven players were arrested on a litany of charges. Over the past decade, Vikings players have been arrested for a slew of crimes, including child abuse, domestic abuse, driving under the influence, possession of marijuana and disorderly conduct.
Related source: Dayton Business Journal