Avery Appelman is a criminal defense lawyer and the founder of Appelman Law Firm. While his practice is primarily recognized for its work with Minnesota DWI and related offenses, he has 16 years of experience working with clients on drug, assault, theft, traffic, criminal sexual conduct, and prostitution charges in Minnesota.
Avery’s greatest strength is his ability to counsel in a way that assists clients in all aspects of their lives. He works in partnership with clients to streamline the judicial process, thereby enabling individuals to assist in their own defense. Mr. Appelman recognizes the impact of criminal proceedings on those surrounding the accused, which is why he also strives to mitigate the effects on clients’ friends and family members.
Avery enjoys coaching soccer as well as reading historical and legal fiction. He also volunteers for many organizations in Minneapolis, Maple Grove, and throughout the Twin Cities.
- J.D., 1996, Syracuse University College of Law
- B.A., 1993, Criminology, University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
- 2010 – present, Youth hockey coach, Osseo-Maple Grove Hockey Association
- 2011 – present, Osseo-Maple Grove Hockey Association – Mite Director, Board Member
- 2007 – present, Board Member – Oak Ridge Country Club
- 2005 – 2011, Minneapolis Jewish Federation Young Leadership Programming Chair
- 2010, Minneapolis Jewish Federation Casino Night Chair
- 2007, Minneapolis Jewish Federation Young Men’s Networking Event Chair
- 2004 – 2005, Minneapolis Jewish Federation Tzedakah Bowl Chair
- 2005 – 2009, President Woodland Creek Homeowner’s Association